The mission of the Wauwatosa Historical Society is to preserve and disseminate materials related to the history of Wauwatosa. It supports, encourages, and provides historical education and preservation for the community. It develops and maintains community support by serving as a role model for historical preservation at its headquarters, the Kneeland-Walker House and Victorian Gardens, located at 7406 Hillcrest Drive in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.
The Milwaukee County Historical Society was founded in 1935 to collect, preserve and make available materials relating to the history of the Milwaukee community. Through a broad range of activities, the Historical Society seeks to recognize and preserve our local history. In promoting a greater appreciation of Milwaukee County’s heritage, the Historical Society hopes to develop a better understanding of the issues and challenges facing Milwaukee County today.